Bookmark      

Dyshidrotic eczema


Rate:

Rating: 2.2/5 (185 votes cast)

Dyshidrotic eczema is a very hard word to say, itís far too long. Not only that itís a chronic type of eczema that commonly affects the hands and the feet. It will affect the soles of the feet, and the palms of the hands. Small, clear blisters appear on the palms and soles and they are normally distributed symmetrically. These blisters are normally restricted to the palms and sols, some of them can also appear on the sides of fingers and toes. Around 80% of patients suffering from this chronic case of eczema say that only their feet are affected, in the remaining 20% both hands and feet are affected.

This disease isnít sexist! Both males and females have an equal chance of developing dyshidrotic eczema. It can affect any age group, however it seems to affect middle aged people much more often. Around 20% of the people that suffer from eczema on their hands and feet may in fact be suffering from dyshidrotic eczema. For some reason the climate seems to pay a role in the development of this condition, it appears in higher numbers when the patient is living in a warmer climate.

Many people believe that dyshidrotic eczema is related to the sweat glands, however recently many people have been arguing this. The actual cause of dyshidrotic eczema is still unknown, but doctors are aware of certain factors that are thought to make the condition worse.

Most people that suffer from this condition often suffer from other allergic condition or atopic eczema, commonly sufferers will also suffer from hay fever or asthma. Fungal bacterial infections are also likely to trigger a flare up in the condition, as will any vaccines that you may receive. Coming into contact with heavy metals is thought to make the condition worse, so wearing your wedding ring can aggravate your condition. If a person develops the condition after being exposed to the jewelry then the person should try to avoid this contact. Extreme emotional stress is also thought to trigger dyshidrotic eczema.

Im most patients the condition resolves itself within a few weeks. While you are recovering from the condition you can use cortico-steroid creams and other creams to offer you some much needed relief.

In some cases the blisters will merge together and form one larger legion which could require specialist attention. This specialist attention is usually drainage, or an aluminum acetate compress. The doctor may also prescribe an antibiotic to prevent your body succumbing to any infections due to your weekend immune system.

In more severe cases of dyshidrotic eczema steroids may be prescribed for oral consumption, or botulinum injections may be used to relieve the sufferer of the symptoms.



See Also

Atopic Eczema
Baby cradle cap
Child eczema
Childhood eczema
Dyshidrotic eczema
Eczema dry skin
Eczema types
Infants dry skin eczema
Peeling infant skin
Pompholyx eczema
Scalp eczema
Varicose eczema

Save & Share Article:

 

Link to us
from your website or blog by using the code below in your html